I’ve been an amateur photographer for most of my life. My primary interest is in nature and the great outdoors.
Recent photographs are posted at Open Horizons Photography.
Some of my older photos (pre-2009) are available at photo.left404.com.
I am particular about image quality and a big fan of small, well-built camera gear. I use the micro 4/3 system currently as I’ve found it offers the best combination of size, usability and results. I’ve put together several resources for other micro 4/3 users.
- Micro 4/3 Lens List – a chart of all micro 4/3 lenses and their basic specifications.
- Micro 4/3 Lens Recommendations – brief comments on which lenses to use, and which ones to avoid.
- Micro 4/3 Bodies with 4/3 Lenses – some notes on using old 4/3 lenses on m4/3 bodies
- Micro 4/3 lens FAQ – answers to frequently asked questions about m4/3 lenses.
- The Missing m4/3 lens list – lenses I’ve been waiting for, and still am
- Olympus E-M5 settings – recommendations for configuring the E-M5’s huge list of settings.
- Olympus E-M5 first impressions – comments on the E-M5 from the perspective of a DSLR and small camera user.
The Gear List – what I’m using today (and why).