I’ve been an amateur photographer for most of my life. My primary interest is in nature and the great outdoors.
Recent photographs are posted at Open Horizons Photography.
Some of my older photos (pre-2009) are available at photo.left404.com.
I am particular about image quality and a big fan of small, well-built camera gear. I use the micro 4/3system currently as I’ve found it offers the best combination of size, usability and results. I’ve put together several resources for other micro 4/3 users.
- Micro 4/3 lens list – a complete listing of all current micro 4/3 lenses and their basic specifications.
- Lens recommendations – brief comments on which lenses to use, and which ones to avoid.
- Micro 4/3 lens FAQ – answers to frequently asked questions about m4/3 lenses.
- The Missing m4/3 lens list – lenses I’ve been waiting for, and still am
- A brief history of m4/3 bodies – the cameras and their notable features.
- Olympus E-M5 settings – recommendations for configuring the E-M5’s huge list of settings.
- Olympus E-M5 first impressions – comments on the E-M5 from the perspective of a DSLR and small camera user.
The Gear List – what I’m using today (and why).